Open Door Health Center in Mankato, MN is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time LPN position.
The candidate should be passionate about serving under-served patients, with an interest in contributing to our continued growth and outreach efforts. The candidate must possess a current state Minnesota license, in good standing. Bilingual language skills, Spanish or Somali, are a plus.
This position offers a $1,500 sign-on/retention bonus ($500 upon hire and $1,000 at 12 months of employment).
- Room patients, assist physician/provider in setting up for procedures and/or exams and gathering data.
- Perform required nursing skills as needed for department.
- Administer medications and immunizations in correct dosages as ordered, following the Six Steps of Medication Administration protocol.
- Distribute appropriate educational materials.
- Administer basic wound care including cleaning and bandaging injured areas.
- Follow clinic policies and procedures for infection control and in the handling and disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials.
- Ensure messages taken for providers and medical staff are accurate.
- Excellent customer service relations and teamwork through considerate, helpful and courteous interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and other staff throughout ODHC.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- Graduation certificate from an accredited school of nursing program, along with a current state license or certification.
- Experience in a clinic-based or a community health facility is preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse population of people.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Confidence, professional judgement and grace under pressure.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
We encourage people of color to apply for our open positions.