Open Door Health Center in Mankato, MN is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time CMA/RMA position.
The candidate should be passionate about serving under-served patients, with an interest in contributing to our continued growth efforts. Bilingual language skills, Spanish or Somali, are a plus.
This position offers a $1,500 sign-on/retention bonus ($500 upon hire, $1,000 at 12 months of employment).
· Room patients, assist physician/provider in setting up for procedures and/or exams and gathering data.
· Perform required nursing skills as needed for department.
· Assist and support physician/provider through:
o Organizing and maintaining an efficient daily operation.
o Revising daily schedule, as needed, and updating other team members as is appropriate.
o Obtain reports and other necessary documents for the provider to provide patient care in a safe, caring environment.
· Administer medications and immunizations in correct dosages as ordered, following the Six Steps of Medication Administration protocol.
· Observe patient, for reactions, chart appropriately as required.
· Distribute appropriate educational materials.
· Administer basic wound care including cleaning and bandaging injured areas.
· Assist in preparation of patient care areas and in the patient admission, transfer and discharge process as required. Assist in meeting and maintaining compliance with clinical standards which includes, but is not limited to:
o Monitoring and updating lab policies and procedures.
o Performing and complying with appropriate lab quality assurance testing.
· Follow clinic policies and procedures for infection control and in the handling and disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials.
· Ensure messages taken for providers and medical staff are accurate.
· Maintain inventory of supplies in exam rooms and other areas as designated by Medical Services Manager; i.e. immunizations.
· Work with Medical Services Manager to ensure effective and efficient daily operations.
· Excellent customer service relations and teamwork through considerate, helpful and courteous interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and other staff throughout ODHC.
· Maintain necessary licensure and CPR certification as required by Minnesota state law and ODHC policy.
· Keep the department Manager updated with any changes, concerns or issues regarding patients, programs, daily operations, outreach events, equipment needs, etc.
· If bilingual, accurately and professionally interpret conversations.
Develop and maintain relationships with other ODHC staff to ensure efficient daily operations of all departments.
· Be knowledgeable of ODHC services to provide integrated care to assist patients/families in accessing needed resources.
· Know, understand, and ensure adherence to the organization’s policy related to the patients’ right for confidential care and HIPAA.
· Keep updated on ODHC current events, changes in the workplace, policies and procedures.
· Read email, Intranet, and other communication tools on a regular schedule and respond in a timely manner to requests, where applicable.
· Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
· Graduation certificate from an accredited school of nursing program, along with a current state certificate and current state license.
· Abide by ethical standards of licensing board.
· Comply with credentialing requirements.
· Experience in a clinic-based facility is preferred.
· Experience working with a diverse population of people.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
· Confidence, professional judgement and grace under pressure.
· Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
This position is full-time, non-exempt, Monday through Friday with flexibility needed for providers schedules and clinic hours. Travel is required to meetings, events and to support other clinic locations within the community and across the region. Means of travel and travel expenses will be reimbursed according to ODHC’s travel policy. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time. Position requires repetitive use of fingers, hands, wrist in job related duties, i.e. telephone, computer. Complete range of motion, including fine motor skills and tactile sense of both hands. Able to lift 25 pounds. This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required of personnel so classified.
We encourage people of color to apply for our open positions.
Your application was submitted successfully.