Open Door Health Center (ODHC) is seeking a Physician (MD or DO) as a full-time Medical Director or Chief Medical Officer to provide leadership and patient care at our Mankato location. Our clinic provides expert care that is culturally sensitive to the diverse community. Our workplace is characterized by our passion for excellence, compassion for our patients, and commitment to our work.
This position is eligible for a relocation, sign-on and retention package.
We are a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program approved location.
- Provide direct clinical care as an integral member of the provider staff as determined by the administration.
- Work collaboratively with ODHC leadership to design and implement programs and services to meet identified populations needs.
- Provider leadership and foster engagement for the Health Care Home initiative.
- Coordinate the development of clinical goals, outcomes, and strategies for prevention, acute care, and chronic disease management.
- Design, develop and implement appropriate department policies, protocols, procedures and “best practices” which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards for care.
- Lead the adoption of new technology to improve patient information and patient care.
- Provide leadership for issues associated with improving organization performance.
- Board certified MN licensed physician with current DEA license.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in a key leadership role with responsibility and oversight of the medical department and staff development/management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of underserved populations.
- Ability to solve problems effectively, creatively and decisiveness in decision making.
- Ability to develop, lead and facilitate teams to achieve the goals of the department.
- Confidence, professional judgment, and grace under pressure.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the needs of a Federal Qualified Health Center (FQHC) is a plus.
- Bilingual language skills and are a plus.
- We encourage people of color to apply for our open positions.