- Assist the dental provider and/or dental hygiene is chair-side in providing dental treatment.
- Anticipate needs for dental procedures; prepare dental materials and handle instrument transfers.
- Seat patients and do preliminary evaluation of their health history and any chief complaints; report all findings to the dental provider/hygienist in a professional manner.
- Inform patients of and explain dental procedures being performed.
- Conduct dental charting and ensure patient information is entered timely and correctly into the patient’s electronic record in Dentrix.
- Provide patient education relative to proper dental hygiene and care.
- Perform dental laboratory procedures following department and OSHA protocols with regards to safety and infection control.
- Set up and clean rooms before and after each patient/procedure using standard processes.
- Prepare and maintain dental instruments, supplies and equipment and assist with instrument cleaning, sterilization/disinfection and recirculation as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Dental Assisting
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Confidence, professional judgement and grace under pressure.
- Current registration/license in MN is a plus and is eligible to receive a sign-on/retention bonus
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
We encourage people of color to apply for our open positions.