Open Door Health Center (ODHC) is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to support our COVID-19 vaccine program. This individual will work with the ODHC staff, patients, and partner organizations to full fill vaccine schedules, vaccine events, and vaccine dose tracking and follow-up. This position is non-exempt, with most work hours during the week and some flexibility for events, which may occur in the evening or on weekends. This position is temporary beginning as soon as possible through September 2021. This position pays a premium hourly rate. Continued employment with Open Door Health Center may be available.
- Provide COVID vaccine shots, observe patients following vaccines, provides appropriate intervention in the event of adverse effects.
- Ensure vaccinations are properly documented in the medical record and meets reporting requirements as set by MIIC.
- Works collaboratively with internal staff and community partners to support engagement in vaccine events.
- Interact with patients, staff, and clients in a manner that demonstrates respect and understanding of cultural norms.
- Communicate with Mobile Vaccine Coordinator regarding any changes, concerns or issues that may arise.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other ODHC staff to ensure efficient daily operations of all departments.
- Know, understand, and ensure adherence to the organization’s policy related to the patients’ right for confidential care and HIPAA.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
- Board certified, MN licensed Nurse Practitioner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, critical thinking, and analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Confidence, professional judgement, and grace under pressure.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.